The pillars of a sustainable business include a balance of environmental, social and economic agendas. Suspendem works hard to develop in a sustainable manner with particular importance placed on community development.
- Suspendem allocates approximately 1% of annual profit to charitable or non-profit organizations that better our communities
- Suspendem values supporting local suppliers for equipment, consumables and sub-contracts
- Suspendem encourages local employment by hiring and training local workers. In addition, providing advancement and training opportunities to local technicians has resulted in staff retention, skill development and long-term employment. This is win-win-win, for Suspendem to have a skilled workforce, for the employee to have a good job and for the community to have social and economic spin off.
- Suspendem often hires graduates of a local college as well as offering instructors for the Wind Turbine Maintenance program offered by our partner Groupe Collegia
- Suspendem’s head offices are located at the Douglastown Community Centre. This provides a positive, healthy work environment for Suspendem staff as well as consistent revenue for the Community Centre
- Suspendem encourages employees to contribute to building sustainable communities through a wide variety of personal initiatives
These efforts to build a sustainable business through environmental, social and economic efforts are important to Suspendem and to our communities. We look forward to growing these initiatives as the business develops.