ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH & SAFETY (EHS)
Suspendem includes EHS as a fundamental priority in all of our activities. Each job is assessed for environmental, health and safety issues. If EHS concerns are identified, a thorough analysis is followed by mitigation, controls or altering the job scope. Suspendem works closely with customers to ensure that EHS is a first on all projects.
Before each job Suspendem:
- Assesses potential environmental impacts and implements a plan to address any issues
- Performs a written risk assessment that is reviewed with the customer, our employees, and associated personnel
- Ensures all staff have appropriate, current training. Depending upon the job scope, Suspendem staff are trained in: Safe Access & Rescue for Wind, Rope Access (SPRAT/IRATA), Confined Space Awareness for Wind, First Aid / CPR, Lock Out – Tag out (LOTO), Materials Handling Safety, Fire Awareness, Suspended platform use, blade inspection & repair and other job specific training.
- Ensures all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is inspected, in good working order and appropriate for the job being performed
- Reviews work procedures with customer, staff and associated personnel
- Ensures MSDS are reviewed and available for customers, staff and associated personnel
- Provides additional job-specific EHS precautions, procedures and permits depending upon the scope of the job
Suspendem teams perform the following on a daily basis:
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Acquires appropriate permits: work at height, hot-work, confined space etc.
- Dynamic Risk Assessment
- Authorized PPE and materials inspections
Depending upon the job scope, during and after the job Suspendem:
- Audits team leaders and technicians, providing a written assessment for continuous improvement
- Holds safety practices for confined space, first aid and safe access & rescue to ensure staff are up-to-date
- Holds punctual training to update, increase and maintain quality
- Solicits feedback from team leaders and technicians for continuous improvement
- Solicits feedback from customers (corporate & field-based) for continuous improvement
Suspendem has been accepted as a qualified supplier for major OEM’s in Canada. We are also a part of ISNetworld (a contractor pre-qualifying service). In addition to ensuring that our HSE plan and policies are compliant and up-to-date, Suspendem invests in regular training, practice sessions and employee audits. This culture of quality and safety is an important part of Suspendem.